In the event of a car accident, it is easy to become overwhelmed by the aftermath and steps that need to be taken in order to ensure compensation. Power Law Group is determined to help protect your rights and to provide you with the support you deserve. If you are involved in a car accident, follow this chronological order of events:
- Safety first. Immediately seek medical attention if you sustain injuries or even suspect you are injured from the car accident.
- Be assertive. Contact Power Law Group, a legal team specializing only in work-related accidents and automobile accidents.
- Acknowledge the problem. File an accident report with the police, sheriff or highway patrol officer if the agency has not already done so at the scene of the accident.
- Record details. Make sure you pay close attention to details at the scene of the accident. Write down the name, address, insurance information, vehicle license plate number and driver’s license number of any persons involved in the accident.
- Identify witnesses. Witnesses or bystanders at the scene of the accident can be very valuable later in your case. Make sure you get their names, telephone numbers and addresses.
- Get evidence. Take photos of the accident scene. Be sure to get close up pictures of any damage done to all vehicles involved and any visible injuries sustained by persons involved in the accident.
- Know your rights. Do not feel obligated to sign any documents or record a statement until you have spoken with your attorney. Revealing information about the accident before talking to your attorney may be detrimental to your case.
Ask questions. If you have any questions or concerns about your case, please don’t hesitate to call Power Law Group, Kansas City’s Experienced Personal Injury Attorney at 913-648-3220. We are here to help you.