Injured and Out of Luck?

Uninsured motorists

Approximately ten percent of all drivers in Kansas and fourteen percent of all drivers in Missouri are driving without automobile liability insurance. These “uninsured motorists” typically drive unreliable and unsafe cars, and are not usually the most careful drivers on the road.

What can you do to protect yourself from these irresponsible drivers?

In both Kansas and Missouri every policy of automobile insurance is required to have at least uninsured motorist coverage. Uninsured motorist coverage basically means that if you are injured through the fault of an uninsured driver, your insurance company will step into the shoes of the responsible uninsured driver and pay for your bodily injuries.

In Kansas and Missouri, every policy of insurance requires a minimum of $25,000 per person or $50,000 per accident if you have been injured by an uninsured motorist.  You may be asking “Why do I have to pay for uninsured motorist coverage under my own policy of insurance?”  The reason is simple.  Since we know that many motorists are sometimes irresponsible and will not maintain insurance coverage, the legislature in Kansas and Missouri want to make sure that you are protected by mandating uninsured motorist coverage as a part of your contract of insurance.  The cost for uninsured motorist coverage is fairly small, but  in the event of an accident, it is very beneficial.

Contact Power Law Group

If you have been hit by an uninsured motorist, please contact Power Law Group.  We have the specialized knowledge that you will need if you have been injured due to the fault of an uninsured motorist.  In fact, the principal of Power Law Group, Tim Power, has given seminars to other attorneys on uninsured motorist coverage.  We hope that you will call us if you have been a victim of an uninsured motorist either in Kansas or Missouri.